A low-residue diet is recommended during the flare-up periods of diverticulitis to decrease bowel volume so that the infection can heal. An intake of less than 10 grams of fiber per day is generally considered a low residue diverticulitis diet. If you have been on a low-residue diet for an extended period of time, your doctor may recommend a daily multi vitamin
Low Residue Diet for Diverticulitis
- enriched refined white bread, buns, bagels, english muffins
- plain cereals e.g. cheerios, cornflakes, Cream of Wheat, Rice Krispies, Special K
- arrowroot cookies, tea biscuits, soda crackers, plain melba toast
- white rice, refined pasta and noodles
- avoid whole grains
- fruit juices except prune juice
- applesauce, apricots, banana (1/2), cantaloupe, canned fruit cocktail, grapes, honeydew melon, peaches, watermelon
- avoid raw and dried fruits,and berries.
- vegetable juices
- potatoes (no skin)
- alfalfa sprouts, beets, green/yellow beans, carrots, celery, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, green/red peppers, potatoes (peeled),squash, zucchini
- avoid vegetables from the cruciferous family such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, Swiss chard etc
- well-cooked, tender meat, fish and eggs
- avoid beans and lentils
- Avoid all nuts and seeds, as well as foods that may contain seeds (such as yogurt)
- as directed by your healthcare providers
When symptoms of diverticulitis improve, you may ease off of the diverticulitis diet and gradually add more fiber back into your diet. A high fiber diet is very important in preventing future diverticulitis attacks. As you increase your fiber intake, increase your fluid intake as well.
Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On: Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ .
ReplyDeleteHe listed that he can as well cure all diseases below....
www.drituaherbalcenter.com